SCREEN YOUR WAY
INVITATION to Screen Your Way – increase cervical screening at your service using tailored, community-led solutions developed with the Eliminate Cervical Cancer team
You are invited to consider working with researchers to prevent and eliminate cervical cancer for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Screen Your Way aims to increase participation in cervical screening among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and people with a cervix using self-collection cervical screening.
The Eliminate Cervical Cancer team, led by Associate Professor Lisa Whop (Wagadagam), is based at the National Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Wellbeing Research.
Screen Your Way aims to support services to increase screening in a sustainable, community-led way, through working with your service and community to design and put in place strategies to increase self-collection and cervical screening in line with your community priorities. This research will be conducted by, with, and for the benefit of Aboriginal and Torres Strait lslander people and communities.
Eligible participating services will be provided with up to $15 000 in direct funding alongside training and resources to support them in implementing their chosen strategies over a 12-month trial period. The ANU team will then evaluate the impact, acceptability and cost effectiveness of strategies using clinical screening data and yarning to providers and clients.
To be eligible, services must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation, or a government primary health care service with a majority of clients being Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Be located in Queensland, New South Wales or the Northern Territory;
- Have 120 or more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women or people with a cervix, aged 25-74 years who are active patients;
- Provide cervical screening and have at least one cervical screening certified health professional or provider;
- Be able to meet the minimum data requirements, that is consent to provide screening data, related to human papillomavirus testing to allow evaluation of impact.
To submit an Expression of Interest for your service, visit Screen Your Way – Expressions of Interest. Eligible services who submit an expression of interest will be randomly selected to participate.