10,000 Step Challenge
Regular physical activity is a proven way to prevent chronic diseases and cancers as well as improving mood, concentration and emotional health. The recommended daily step goal for healthy adults is 10,000 steps per day. Yet, many of us struggle to reach this goal if we do not include some form of planned moderate activity in addition to our normal daily activities.
Would you and your team like to get more active? AH&MRC are providing our Member Services with the opportunity to participate in a 10,000 Step Challenge.
The program involves using a pedometer (provided by AH&MRC), apple watch, activity tracker or smart phone pedometer app to count your steps each day. This helps us to become more aware of our physical activity habits.
Registrations are now open for our Step Challenge!
The Step Challenge will run for approximately 6 weeks and beginning on April 1st. Please sign up as a participant at www.10000steps.org.au with your organisational email address.
How to Register.
- Go to the 10,000 Steps website www.10000steps.org.au and select Sign Up.
- Enter your details to create your own account. Please note down your password as you will need it to login and use your work email address if you are participating within a workplace.
- Select that you would like to register as a participant.
- You will be asked to verify your email address by checking your emails and clicking on the link provided to continue to set up your account.
- Complete the last required details needed to create your account.
- Your account will then be created, and you can access your Dashboard.
Once you have registered, please email Marina at email@example.com to confirm your registration.
For more information, visit AHMRC 10000 Step Challenge.