Awabakal are looking for General Practitioners.
- Immediate Start
- Clinic Hours only (Monday to Friday)
- Not for profit salary packaging benefits available
About the organisation
Awabakal has provided health & community services to Aboriginal people living across the Newcastle and surrounding regions for more than 40 years and is dedicated to advancing the wellbeing of our community.
About the role
Awabakal is seeking General Practitioners to join our team in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens & Maitland. Working collaboratively with the Regional Services Manager and the Lead GP, you will be responsible for providing best practice comprehensive primary health care to Awabakal clients, including but not limited to:
- Providing good clinical care
- Maintaining good medical practice
- Maintaining trust and professional relationships with patients
- Working collaboratively with the team
- Maintaining integrity in professional practice
Multiple positions available – Full Time and Part Time, with no weekends
- Professional medical registration with AHPRA.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners FRACGP.
- Current medical indemnity insurance
- Accredited GP registrar supervisor (desirable)
- Experience working in a General Practice
- Extensive experience with patient consultation
- Experience with Medicare Billing
- Experience working with Aboriginal people in a primary health care setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact across all levels of the organisation.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates will be required to undertake relevant background checks including a Criminal History and Working with Children Check and demonstrate evidence of current registration, and original qualifications.
For a confidential discussion contact Jason Smith CEO 1300 174 908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Awabakal strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) decent.