Lead the design and delivery of Primary and Allied Health services for Indigenous Australians to build healthy and strong communities.
- Not-for-Profit Organisation, Primary and Allied Health for Indigenous Australians
- $210,000 + Super + Vehicle/allowance + not-for-profit packaging benefits
- Lead the design and delivery of health and wellbeing needs through a community controlled model
Norwest Recruitment has been retained by Wellington Aboriginal Corporation Health Service (WACHS) for the recruitment of their Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
WACHS has recently undergone a period of renewal and is seeking a new CEO to focus strongly on leadership, advocacy and community engagement through their range of programs and services.
WACHS is a not-for-profit organisation that provides specific health and specialist programs to support clients/patients in addressing their wellbeing needs and issues in a culturally appropriate way.
More recently, WACHS has taken on Aboriginal Primary Health Care services covering Western Sydney, Penrith and the Nepean Blue Mountains and operational management of the Moree Aboriginal Residential Rehabilitation Service. This position will require regular travel to these areas.
The CEO will lead WACHS from a corporate and cultural perspective, making sure the organisation achieves its community and funding outcomes in line with the Strategic Plan.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors consisting of community members and specialist non-member Independent Directors, you will oversee and lead staff and be the key liaison to the Board of Directors.
The key objectives for the role will be to:
- Continue to develop a highly skilled clinical, community and administrative workforce for WACHS
- Review strategic effectiveness in the ongoing delivery of the programs and services in the areas of service
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships within the communities that WACHS services and within the broader sector
- Enhance the health status of the Aboriginal communities that WACHS services through continued development and implementation of key programs
- Oversee all funding agreements and functions of the Aboriginal Medical Service within the legal framework and capacity of WACHS
- Ensure, and contribute to, the operational and strategic decision-making process and provide advice to the Board of Directors in relation to operational matters and company performance
- Manage, support, and develop the team by working collaboratively – ensuring open communication to achieve strategic outcomes, and supporting professional development
Given the nature of the organisation, we expect you’ll bring an understanding of health and well-being issues faced by Aboriginal families and communities in New South Wales – this is a must for success in this role.
Ideally, you are an individual with experience managing diverse teams, experience of corporate governance and a passion for the community.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A demonstrated understanding of the issues facing Aboriginal families in the delivery of quality health services to meet the outcomes of WACHS
- Proven leadership capabilities with a focus on developing staff
- Qualifications in Business, Community Services, Communication, Management, Finance and/or similar on the job experience – experience within Health is advantageous but not essential
- A strategic mindset, with experience developing and delivering a growth strategy and plan
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring an effective management system, policies and procedural framework along with sound financial management for an organisation
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and in partnership with a Board of Directors to achieve organisational objectives
- Managing government contracts/funding agreements and capacity to manage related reporting and legal requirements
- An understanding of the NFP sector including mental health and community managed organisations
- A track record in delivering funding initiatives through private and government funding providers
- Salary $210,000 + Super + Vehicle + Not-for-Profit salary packaging benefits
- Leading an organisation that focuses on holistic health care to enhance the wellbeing of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal communities
- A purpose driven organisation with skilled and experienced people
- Working with an experienced and dedicated Board of Directors
Norwest Recruitment has been retained to assist WACHS with this Executive recruitment process. Applications addressing the above requirements, including a cover letter and a detailed CV/Resume, should be attached in a single file when you hit the APPLY button above or sent to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion about the role please call Ross Chandler on 0488 810 334.
Please ensure your application is received before 5.00pm AEDST 11th December 2023.
NOTE: This role is only open to applicants who are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent through parentage, identification as being an Australian Aboriginal and accepted in the community as such authorised under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW). Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position.