As the Aboriginal Health Peak Body in New South Wales, the Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council (AH&MRC NSW) is committed to working with the government of the day to develop and deliver policies and programs for our people. Over the years, the AH&MRC has been able to develop strong relationships with successive governments and ensured that they’ve been held to account for commitments made to our communities.
The NSW State election will be held on 25 March 2023. This election will appoint members of the 58th Parliament of New South Wales. Heading into this election, the AH&MRC’s wants to see a real commitment from the incoming government, to invest in Aboriginal health equity and put Aboriginal health in Aboriginal hands, in recognition of the vital role played by the Aboriginal community-controlled sector.
What we want to see:
- Supporting the Aboriginal Health Workforce
- Equitable Funding for community-controlled health services
- Investing in Aboriginal Health, Infrastructure
- Supporting Aboriginal governance across the health system
- Investing in holistic, muti-disciplinary models of care
- Closing the Gap
Read the full document here: AH&MRC Election Priorities 2023