Yerin Aboriginal Health Services Inc. – Aboriginal Family and Early Education Worker
Overview of Position
Yerin is looking for a suitably qualified Aboriginal person to be a part of our multidisciplinary team as an Aboriginal Family and Early Childhood Education Worker. The position holder will sit within the Dhanggan Gudjagang Team (Maternal/Child & Family) in order to improve access through delivering initiatives that respond to the local needs of the community. Providing a mix of individual and family support focused activities, you will need to be able to multi-task, have excellent communication skills, be well organised and able to effectively time manage. You will lead and participate in a team environment but also be able to work independently. A Competitive Salary Package is available including salary sacrifice.
- Must be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Demonstrate an understanding of issues affecting the Central Coast local Aboriginal Community
- Demonstrated experience working in Aboriginal communities able to demonstrate links to the local Aboriginal community
- Possess a Tertiary or TAFE Qualification (minimum Certificate 4 in Community Services and/or Certificate 2 in Childcare)
- Highly developed liaison skills with a proven ability to build and maintain good working relationships with all services on the Central Coast
- Experience in developing early childhood health and education programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and demonstrated written skills
- Demonstrated willingness to work across multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent Computer Literacy – including word processing, excel, electronic mail – attaching documents, scanning as well maintaining electronic client record systems
- Satisfactory National Police Check
- Current and Valid NSW Working with Children’s Check
- Current NSW Drivers Licence Minimum Green Provisional Licence.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
For Further Information about the role please contact Frances Ralph 02 4351 1040 and to obtain an application pack – contact Kiani Warwick on 02 4351 1040, email@example.com or visit our website www.yerin.org.au
This is an identified Position under Section 9A of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
Job Applications close 5pm 16 June 2020
Applications close on 16/06/2020.Apply Now