Social Worker at Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation
Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation (BNMAC) is a not-for-profit Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation, providing primary health care services to Aboriginal people throughout the Clarence and Richmond Valleys through its’ network of clinics in Grafton, Casino, Maclean and Tweed Heads South.
You will be responsible for supporting clients by using profession specific intervention strategies that produce outcomes in support of the clients’ participation and improvement in chronic disease management. The position will provide support, information and practical help to clients in relation to financial, health, housing and other social issues. A specific emphasis will be placed on assisting and coordinating clients to access BNMAC’s, Integrated Team Care (ITC) program to improve access to allied health and specialist health care providers.
To work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals providing Social Work services to the Aboriginal communities and individuals in the Richmond Valley area, in particular Casino, Tabulam and Coraki and other areas determined from time to time.
The successful applicants must have;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work and understanding of the Social Determinants of Aboriginal Health.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Experience and capacity to work in communities with diverse and challenging issues, providing an empathic response to those experiencing hardship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current social work practices and an ability to articulate theoretical basis for practice.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and/or seek advice and consultation where appropriate.
- Ability to develop and foster collaborative working arrangements with relevant services and organisation.
- A current and valid Working with Children’s Check and New South Wales Driver’s Licence or be willing to obtain one.
- Competitive pay rate
- Great work-life balance
Discover more about who we are at https://bnmac.com.au/ or https://www.facebook.com/Bulgarr-Ngaru-Medical-Aboriginal-Corporation-1194478977255868/
If this sounds like you, please provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter specifically addressing the selection criteria, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries to Christopher Clark 02 6662 3514
Applications close: 4.30pm 15 January 2021
Applications close on 15/01/2021.Apply Now