Social Support Worker (Aged Care / NDIS) at Kurranulla Aboriginal Corporation
Please note there will be a minimum of 10 hours per fortnight for this role, with the possibility of additional hours.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a service that will provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, domestic activities, such as lawn mowing, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
Team Leader – Aged Care
Award Classification/ Position Level
SCHADS Award – Social and Community Services – Grade 2
Internal relationships and context:
- Team Leader – Aged Care, report on daily activities
- Team Leader – NDIS, as required
- Intake Officer – Aged Care and NDIS, as required
- Manager, as required
- Support Workers, as required
External relationships and context:
- Clients, daily
- Clients families and/or carers, as required
- Members of the local Aboriginal community, as required
- Service providers, as required
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Be a Valuable Team Player
- Contribute as a valuable team member as required in supporting day to day operational requirements, workplace projects and events
- Demonstrate an awareness and commitment to the organisation’s visions, values, purpose, employee code of conduct and client centered service delivery.
Customer / Client service
- Provide clients with assistance and support with daily life, domestic activities, social support and community participation activities as required.
- Ensure completion of appropriate documentation on support provided, including recording of client notes.
- Monitor the safety and well-being of clients and report any concerns to your team leader or manager
- Work with clients, family/carers, and other professionals to support clients.
- Perform other requested duties from time to time, consistent with the responsibilities of the position as required by the manager or team leader
Administration and Record Keeping
- Ensure all daily notes are completed to a satisfactory level
- Maintain accurate records, to assist in billing procedures
Workplace Health and Safety
- Comply Work Health and Safety policies and procedures relating to workers, managers and officer as per Kurranulla Aboriginal Corporation’s WHS Policy.
Policies and Procedures
- Comply with any reasonable instructions, policies and procedures given by your Manager
- Understand and comply with all policies and day to day operational procedures pertaining to the organisation, including relevant client privacy and confidentiality requirements
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Unrestricted drivers license
- Completed satisfactory Australian National Police Check, and have a valid Working with Childrens number, prior to commencement of employment
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in community services, aged care or disability or equivalent
- Experience, knowledge of disability / aged care sector
- Cultural awareness and understanding of disabilities upon individuals, families and carers
- National Police Clearance Check
- Working with Children Check
- The Right to Work in Australia
- Unrestricted Drivers License