Social Media Coordinator at AH&MRC
We are looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join the team in our Little Bay office. We are searching for someone who is passionate about Marketing and Communications and making a difference in their community.
The Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of New South Wales (AH&MRC) is the peak representative body and voice of Aboriginal communities on health in NSW. We represent our members, the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) that deliver culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care to their communities.
Aboriginal Community Control has its origins in Aboriginal peoples’ right to self-determination. This is the right to be involved in health service delivery and decision-making according to the protocols or procedures determined by Aboriginal communities based on the Aboriginal definition of health. Aboriginal health means not just the physical well-being of an individual but the social, emotional and cultural wellbeing of the whole Community in which each individual is able to achieve their full potential as a human being thereby bringing about the total wellbeing of their Community. It is a whole of life view and includes the cyclical concept of life-death-life.
About the Role
As the Social Media Coordinator you are responsible for managing AH&MRC’s corporate social media accounts in alignment with the overall social media strategy. Reporting on engagement, reach and overall campaign success, the Social Media Coordinator will optimise AH&MRC’s social media presence and help engage Communities on key health messages and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the communications team to develop, plan, implement and evaluate Aboriginal health promotion through online platforms
- Establish AH&MRC social media presence across all platforms and execute an overall strategy
- Promote innovative ways to increase engagement on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Manage all social media accounts, posting content that is consistent with AH&MRC’s brand image and tone of voice
- Develop a social media strategy for each platform that resonates with key audiences
- Report on engagement and reach of social media activity
- Drive engagement with member services, communities, and Government bodies through online platforms
- Offer support and advice to assist Member Services enhance their social media profiles and engagements
- 2-3 years prior experience in a similar role
- Experience with different/multiple online platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar
- Ability to utilise various online platforms
- Knowledge of Aboriginal cultural competence; respectful of Aboriginal culture; understanding of the imperative for Aboriginal community control and self-determination; collaborative approach; people skills
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- You will have an innovative and creative mindset
- High level of attention to detail
- The ability to adapt
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Salary Sacrificing
- Flexible working arrangements
Please apply for this role by submitting your CV and cover letter through Seek. If you have any questions, or would like further information on this role, please contact our HR team at email@example.com
The AH&MRC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Applications close on 11/09/2020.Apply Now