Registered Nurse/Midwife at Coonamble Aboriginal Health Service
Coonamble Aboriginal Health Service has a vacancy for a full time Registered Nurse/Midwife, to work collaboratively with their dynamic clinical New Directions team providing services to mum’s and bubs. This position is based at Coonamble Aboriginal Health Service.
- KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Current Registered Nurse with minimum of 2 years post graduate experience.
- Current registration with APHRA.
- Accredited in Child and Family Health Certificate.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture and awareness of issues which may impact maternal, child and family well-being.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated high-level of nursing practical and clinical management in the area of midwifery within a comprehensive primary health care context.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage negotiation and conflict resolution processes.
- Competence in the use of computer software, especially patient information recall systems and other databases.
- Nurse immunization certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work as a part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Understanding of EEO’s, EAPS, and ethical work practice principals.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Current NSW Working with Children’s Check;
- Current Criminal History Check
- Possession of a current ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s License valid in NSW is required;
- Experience working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and groups and with other professional staff.
- Experience in structured outcomes-based service models for women, children and families.
- Ability to contribute at a senior level to strategic and business planning and implementation and ability to effectively oversee clinical governance with a multidisciplinary team.
- ADDITIONAL FACTORS
- Proof of vaccination must be provided upon acceptance of appointment.
- Current Midwife registration with Nursing & Midwifery Board AHPRA.
The salary is negotiable based on experience.
All applications must include a cover letter, current resume and contact details of two referees and be received by no later than 5pm on Friday 19th February 2021. To apply, please email your application to Wanitta Glover at firstname.lastname@example.org