Regional Strategy Manager at AH&MRC
Are you passionate about working with Aboriginal communities? Do you want to help make a difference in Aboriginal health and keep our culture alive? We are looking for 4 x Regional Strategy Managers to be based in regional New South Wales, these regions include Metro, Northern, Southern and Central New South Wales.
The Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of New South Wales (AH&MRC) is the peak representative body and voice of Aboriginal communities on health in NSW. We represent our members, the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) that deliver culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care to their communities.
Aboriginal Community Control has its origins in Aboriginal peoples’ right to self-determination. This is the right to be involved in health service delivery and decision-making according to the protocols or procedures determined by Aboriginal communities based on the Aboriginal definition of health:
Aboriginal health means not just the physical well-being of an individual but the social, emotional and cultural wellbeing of the whole Community in which each individual is able to achieve their full potential as a human being thereby bringing about the total wellbeing of their Community. It is a whole of life view and includes the cyclical concept of life-death-life.
About the Role
The Regional Strategy Manager will be responsible for strategic planning, development and implementation of a regional structure and approach to support a regional delivery of service within one of four regions in New South Wales. You will work closely with local ACCHSs to plan and design a regional primary health care model of service delivery which will reduce areas of unmet needs and ensure there is greater ease in accessing quality primary health care services.
- Developing a successful Regional Health Strategy and an implementation plan
- Identify opportunities, gaps and potential or emerging issues and initiate appropriate action where possible
- Develop a strategic governance with local Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services to support the development of the regional health strategy and implementation plan
- Ensure the regional model of health service delivery is compliant with relevant legislation, government and organisational requirements including the state and Commonwealth requirements
- Develop, implement and monitor procedures for service management and procurement of services
- Review, interpret and provide sound advice on legislative issues relevant to program activities
- Lead the development of service agreements with ACCHOs to participate under a new regional health strategy model
- Formulate and implement plans for system change/redesign of programs and projects in health care services
- Develop robust systems to ensure budget and non-budget expenditure is captured and reported on accurately
To be successful you will have;
- Tertiary qualification in public health, health service management, community development or related field
- At least 5 years relevant work experience specifically in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Proven experience and ability to provide effective staff leadership and management
- Experience and knowledge of working with people at all levels of the organisation as well as external groups including community groups and external agencies
- Good knowledge and experience in coordinating and managing the development and implementation of challenging and complex projects in health service design, health service improvements
- Excellent interpersonal communication, customer advice and relationship building skills with Aboriginal people across business areas, functions and organisations
- Sound negotiation and decision making skills
- Ability to provide sound financial budget management and reporting
- Ability to produce high quality written documents including correspondence, business cases, reports (using both qualitative and quantitative data), funding submissions and presentations.
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Support for job development opportunities
- Competitive salary packaging
Please apply for this role by submitting your CV and cover letter through Seek. If you have any questions, or would like further information on this role, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The AH&MRC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
No Recruitment Agencies please.