Awabakal Regional Services Manager
Due to strong business growth, Awabakal is looking for an experienced leader to drive the development and implementation of their integrated model of care with the aim of growing all Awabakal services within the region with overall leadership responsibility across the Medical, Disability and Aged Care services within the Newcastle Local Government Area.
The successful candidate will lead a multidisciplinary team to drive quality care and responsive service delivery, with a strong focus on building an inspiring culture within the team and developing a positive staff and client experience at all times.
To be successful within this role, you will have demonstrated leadership skills within a similar role in the past. You will have a sound understanding of (at least one of) the relevant Medical, NDIS or Aged Care legislation, quality standards and accreditation requirements.
You will have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal persons as well as an understanding of the health and social issues impacting upon Aboriginal people in the area.
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and accepted by the Newcastle community
- 5 + years previous experience in a similar role in the Health, Aged Care or Disability sector
- Tertiary qualifications in Health, Management, or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with Aboriginal communities
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing service delivery within a multidisciplinary team or a Primary Care context
- Demonstrated experience in managing reporting requirements, patient information systems and budgets
- First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Willing to obtain Police Check and Working with Children check
- NSW Drivers Licence
In return you will receive
- Attractive remuneration package
- Salary packaging benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities
- The opportunity to make a practical contribution to closing the gap and improving the lives of Aboriginal people within our community
To submit your application, please please click on the “Apply” button below and attach your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria) by 9.00 am 20 July 2020.
For a confidential discussion contact Skildare on 4940 8743.
All applications will be managed via SEEK.
Aboriginality is an essential requirement for this position. An exemption is claimed under Section 14D of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
Applications close on 20/07/2020.Apply Now