Regional Ear Health Officer at AH&MRC
We are looking for 2 x Regional Ear Health Officer’s to join our team for a fixed-term basis of 12 months. This position will originally be based in our office in Little Bay and will then be regionally based.
The Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of New South Wales (AH&MRC) is the peak representative body and voice of Aboriginal communities on health in NSW. We represent our members, the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) that deliver culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care to their communities.
About the Role
As the Regional Ear Health Officer, you will deliver support to the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services across NSW/ACT with regards to the Ear Health Coordination Program (EHCP). You will perform a variety of regional engagement activities aimed to support access to quality, culturally safe ear and hearing health services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and youth. The key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating activities that respond to community identified needs, for example:
- Health promotion activities
- Primary care ear health upskilling
- Negotiating with local ear health stakeholders to improve patient access to ear health services and surgery (ENT)
- Developing a comprehensive Ear Health Regional Service model
- Undertaking Regional Ear Health Service planning by identifying & analysing workforce needs
- Promoting best practice models of service delivery in Ear Health Programs & Practice Information Management Systems (PIMS).
- Creating positive and collaborative relationships with ACCHSs and communities.
- Supporting ACCHSs involvement and progression in Ear Health Services by providing strategic direction and ensuring good governance principles and practices are applied
- Ensuring all reporting requirements are to be delivered to the working group
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in program delivery
- Demonstrated experience in the Ear Health Sector or related field
- Two years minimum experience in working in or with ACCHS sector
- Two years’ experience working in the Ear Health Sector or Outreach setting
- Sound knowledge of project management principles and their application in a program environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A certificate IV level in a health-related qualification and/or Ear Health Training Certificates
- Salary Sacrificing
- Flexible working arrangements
Please apply for this role by submitting your CV and cover letter through Seek. If you have any questions, or would like further information on this role, please contact our HR team at email@example.com
The AH&MRC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
No Recruitment Agencies please.
Applications close on 23/11/2020.Apply Now