Regional Coordinator (Aboriginal Identified position)
Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council (AH&MRC) is dedicated to assisting Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) across the four regions (Metropolitan, Northern, Southern and Western) of NSW to ensure they have access to an adequately resourced and skilled workforce enabling the ACCHSs to provide their local Aboriginal communities with holistic and culturally appropriate primary health care and Aboriginal health-related services.
Join our team of dynamic and innovative people who value and proudly play a meaningful role in Closing the Gap in Indigenous Health by delivering quality support and training to Aboriginal people and communities of NSW.
About the Role:
This role is situated within our Northern Region of NSW and the main office will be based at Tamworth Aboriginal Medical Services.
AH&MRC is seeking a Regional Coordinator who will be directly reporting to the Manager – Our Healthy Kids Program and will be responsible for providing oversight and coordination of the Aboriginal Health Practitioner Trainee’s facilitation of the Our Healthy Kids Program within regional schools. The role will also provide administrative support to the Our Healthy Kids Program within a specific region.
- Communicate with key internal and external stakeholders throughout the duration of the Program.
- Development of culturally appropriate resources for the Our Healthy Kids Program.
- Initiate and build strong partnerships with key ambassadors who will provide mentoring to the children throughout the program.
- Coordination of all administrative duties throughout the duration of the Program.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration, Business, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in Youth Work or Community Services.
- Previous experience in providing administrative support.
- Previous experience in coordinating a program.
- Confirmation of Aboriginality.
- Ability to gather, review and report on feedback and Program KPIs.
- Interest in community health, public health and Aboriginal health.
- Ability to travel state-wide to local schools and Aboriginal Medical Services.
- Ability to hold a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to liaise, consult and negotiate with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to demonstrate empathy when required.
- Ability to work flexibly within tight time schedules and in accordance with variable workload demands.
- Experience working with relevant agencies, non-government organisations, community groups and medical professionals at all levels.
- Current valid Driver’s Licence.
- Previous experience working with an Aboriginal Health environment.
- Previous experience working within a Health environment.
What AH&MRC can offer you:
Salary Packaging options are available as a Not-For-Profit Organisation, as well as Meals & Entertainment and Leisure & lifestyle Cards.
Remuneration: The successful candidate will receive an annual remuneration of $100,000 gross per annum, plus 10.5% Superannuation.
Paid Study Leave: Employees are entitled to Paid Study Leave for approved courses relevant to their role.
If this interests you,
Please apply via seek with a current resume and a cover letter addressing the Qualifications, Experience and Requirements. Only Seek applications will be considered.
Would you like more information?
For more information contact the HR Department on email@example.com.
Note: Position advertisement will remain available on Seek until the position is filled and we reserve the right to commence the recruitment process during the advertisement period.
This is a designated Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander position under section 14D of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Proof or Confirmation of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander heritage will be required from the successful applicant.
Applications close on 31/03/2023.Apply Now