Public Health Manager at AH&MRC (Identified)
We are looking for an experienced Public Health Manager to join our team in our office in Little Bay, Sydney. We are searching for someone who truly wants to make a difference in their community and is passionate about the Public Health Care sector and wellbeing for the Aboriginal Community.
Please note: This Identified Position role is an Indigenous person and the AH&MRC considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under section 14 of the Anti Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
The Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of New South Wales (AH&MRC) is the peak representative body and voice of Aboriginal communities on health in NSW. We represent our members, the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) that deliver culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care to their communities.
About the Role
As the Public Health Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the Public Health Team and ensuring the effective design and delivery of projects to support member services and strengthen their capacity to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people in NSW. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the Public Health Unit works effectively focusing on developing and delivering innovative and practical solutions and program outcomes
• Developing and reviewing operational policies, procedures, and frameworks
• Proactively identifying opportunities and developing strategies to increase the efficacy of the primary health care services offered by ACCHS
• Identifying and addressing gaps within the ACCHS sector for improvements in health promotion, health protection and practice support
• Managing the full project cycle including design, implementation, evaluation and reporting
• Overseeing the development and facilitation of public health initiatives to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequities experienced by Aboriginal communities
• Providing high quality advice, reports, and correspondence for presentation to the Board, funders, and other stakeholders
• Driving engagement with member services, communities, and Government bodies
• Managing, developing and leading the Public Health team
To be successful you will have:
• Knowledge and experience with working with in or alongside the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services sector
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Prior experience writing work processes and business cases
• Prior managerial experience is essential
• Tertiary education or equivalent in Health or a departmentally related field and/or relevant practical experience
• Recent experience in project delivery (preferably within the Health Sector)
• Experience in community engagement (preferably health and or education)
• Strong understanding of the pillars of cultural safety for Aboriginal communities
• A desire to enhance, promote and uphold the values of respect, unity, and cultural sensitivity
• Strong understanding of Aboriginal communities and cultures and importance of preservation of culture in today’s world
• Strong understanding of the primary health care sector including urban, rural and remote services, Aboriginal health and cross-cultural health service delivery
• A supportive approach to professional development
• Salary Sacrificing
• Flexible working arrangements
Please apply for this role by submitting your CV and cover letter through Seek. If you have any questions, or would like further information on this role, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 31 July 2020.
As this role is an Indigenous Identified Position, all candidates must identify as Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander in order to be considered for the position. A certificate of Aboriginality will be required as part of the application process
No recruitment agencies please.
Applications close on 31/07/2020.Apply Now