Practice Nurse – Katungul
Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services
Located at Batemans Bay
Context of the role
Are you a Registered Nurse looking for a sea change with a full-time job? Would you like to take advantage of generous salary sacrificing benefits? Tired of working night shift? Yes? Then this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health & Community Services is seeking to appoint a Practice Nurse at our Batemans Bay clinic. Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health & Community Services is a not for profit organisation providing culturally attuned, integrated health and community services on the Far South Coast of New South Wales.
Katungul provides a broad range of services including:
- Primary Health Care
- Child and Maternal Health
- Oral Health
- Mental Health
- Emotional Health
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Integrated Team Care (ITC)
The Practice Nurse is responsible for ensuring that high-quality health care services are provided to Katungul clients attending the clinic and associated outreach venues. This role includes oversight of all clinical operations based at the branch including risk management, planning, reporting, and management of a multidisciplinary team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator and General Practitioners ensure the effective management of Primary Health services to ensure the delivery of best practice quality services, effective forward service planning, meeting of targets and management of priorities.
- Provide daily support to clinical staff in addressing challenging and complex problems and act as a source of guidance for such staff.
- Ensure that the Practice operates in accordance with relevant government legislation and AGPAL accreditation
- Identify and develop opportunities for integrated service delivery and pathways of care to improve access with and from existing Katungul services.
- Cultivate productive working relationships at all levels, which support the nurturing of internal and external relationships, facilitates cooperation, trust and respect, values differences and diversity and guides, mentors and focuses on the development of staff.
- Assist clinical staff to achieve excellence in work practices including engagement, case note writing, coordinating care, boundary setting, time management, follow-up, active listening skills, self-awareness, persuasion and social perceptiveness.
- Support other clinical staff within Katungul in relation to their training and development as health practitioners.
- Provide clinical services within specified area of accreditation.
- Qualified as a Registered Nurse.
- To be appropriately accredited with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated experience in a Primary Health Care setting, including high-level competency with conducting ATSI Health Assessments.
- Previous experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- Demonstrated ability to meet targets and performance outcomes.
- Ability to lead, guide and manage people including the implementation of continuous quality improvement initiatives, cultural change and change management opportunities.
- Ability to support and manage a continuous improvement model for achieving outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilise participative management practices and adopt a supportive, stimulating management style to achieve real and tangible quality outcomes.
- Authority to Immunise.
How to apply for this position:
- Please make sure you address all Selection Criteria and attach a Cover Letter with a Resume.
- Applicants who do not address all Selection Criteria will not be considered for the position.
- The closing date for applications is Monday 30th September 2019.
For a full Position Description or if you have any queries please email Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 30/09/2019.Apply Now