Practice Nurse at Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation – Casino NSW
Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation (BNMAC) Richmond Valley is looking for a motivated Practice Nurse to join our team in Casino NSW Part time and full time work options available
Job Purpose: The Registered Nurse will take a proactive role to assist clients to address health issues in a holistic way at BNMAC’s Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service. BNAMC endeavors to take a proactive approach working with local communities to raise awareness of health issues and to develop and implement intervention strategies in the treatment of chronic conditions.
The role requires a collaborative approach with the doctors and health workers to develop educational and intervention programs that address the contributory factors to wellness and empower clients to put in place a strategy that will improve their overall health and sense of wellbeing. 1. This position reports directly to the Practice Manager of BNMAC Richmond Valley. 2. Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer of Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation (BNMAC) and through him to the Board of Directors.
Please note this is not an Aboriginal Identified position however Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people
- Registered Nurse with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Interest and experience in working with Aboriginal people and an understanding of the societal factors that influence Aboriginal health issues.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and follow a workplan and to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills with the ability to build a rapport with Aboriginal clients.
- Highly developed liaison skills with the proven ability to build good working relationships with service providers in the health field.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to work as part of a team multidisciplinary team in a community health environment.
- Current valid driver’s license, minimum of Class “C” or equivalent
- Current First Aid Certificate, or ability to obtain
- National Police Check and NSW Working with Children clearance
- Previous experience in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation or in General Practice
- Immunisation Certificate and /or Women’s Health qualifications
- Knowledge of and experience with Practice Incentive and Service Incentive Payments including Health Assessments, Care Plans, Diabetes Cycles of Care and Asthma programs would be well regarded.
We encourage and thank all applicants for their time, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please address the selection criteria above and send all applications and a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
All enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 14/11/2020.Apply Now