NDIS Access Administrator at Kurranulla Aboriginal Corporation
Improving access and building the capacity for Aboriginal people with a disability in South Eastern Sydney area to understand the NDIS scheme, empowering them to obtain the necessary supports to live an ordinary life with greater choice and control in accessing the services they want and need. Our NDIS Community Access Administration Officer assist the NDIS Team and participants and their family top facilitate accessing the information for Aboriginal people participating in the NDIS or putting plans together through navigating the NDIS.
Be part of planning culturally appropriate events of Aboriginal community members, with a focus on building community connections to support positive partnerships.
Please note that the position is an identified Aboriginal position. Aboriginality is a genuine qualification authorised under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Be a Valuable Team Player
- Contribute as a valuable team member as required in supporting day to day operational requirements, workplace projects and events
- Demonstrate an awareness and commitment to the organisation’s visions, values, purpose, employee code of conduct and client centered service delivery.
Customer / Client service
- Understanding eligibility and supporting Aboriginal people with disability to apply for the NDIS
- Improving the way people with a disability, their families and carers in South Eastern Sydney are supported by placing them at the centre of decision making
- Providing support to implement their plans and access the My Place Portal
Workplace Health and Safety
- Comply with Work Health and Safety policies and procedures relating to workers, managers and officer as per Kurranulla’s WHS Policy.
- Provide assistance in running workshops, Yarn Up events and facilitating events in partnership with key stakeholders
- Assisting with marketing plans, PR and advertising events
- Promoting KAC projects and events through newsletters, social media and our website
- Encouraging information sharing to educate Aboriginal people about their rights and entitlements
Policies and Procedures
- Comply with any reasonable instructions, policies and procedures given by your Manager
- Understand and comply with all policies and day to day operational procedures pertaining to the organization, including relevant client privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Complete all reporting as required
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in NDIS supports/administration
- Unrestricted driver’s license
- Completed satisfactory Australian National Police Check, and have a valid Working with Children’s number, prior to commencement of employment
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in community services, disability support or equivalent
- Proven experience working alongside people with disabilities and creating increased opportunities and building capacity to understand and navigate the NDIS service system
- Cultural awareness and understanding of disabilities upon individuals, families and carers
This role is a contract role for 3 days per week until 30th June 2021.
For further information please contact Shanelle on 9528 0287.
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?