Namatjira Haven Drug and Alcohol Caseworker
Drug and Alcohol Caseworker
Full time position
Great wages, conditions and staff recruitment/retention benefits
Located at Alstonville
Namatjira Haven is a residential service for Aboriginal men wishing to address their substance use issues. We are looking for an Aboriginal male team member with advanced AOD knowledge to support men in the program to reach their goals with a compassionate approach. This position is full time and may involve some shift work over 7 days.
- This is an identified position and is available for Aboriginal men only.
- Certificate 1V or higher (Drug & Alcohol or Mental Health/Drug & Alcohol)
- Manual Driver’s License (LR) with a reliable vehicle
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience and knowledge in Alcohol and Other Drug/ Mental Health casework and group facilitation
- Experience with client record database systems
- Be willing to complete additional training where required
- A strong cultural commitment to country and peoples
- Strong Ethics and proven ability in achieving organisational KPI’s
- Ability to work across the team, to take instructions and contribute with strategic planning
The successful applicant will need to undergo Criminal History and WWVP Checks prior to placement. We value our staff and offer great wages and conditions and staff recruitment and retention benefits.
Click the Apply Now button below to request an application package or phone (02) 6628 1098
Applications close on 27/09/2019.Apply Now