Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of NSW

NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SUPPORT: If you have any emerging operational concerns or queries in relation to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) please contact your AH&MRC Regional Coordinator or phone us on 02 9212 4777. If you feel unwell with any flu-like symptoms please stay home and arrange to get a COVID-19 test. You can contact Health Direct Helpline on 1800 022 222 (FREE CALL) and speak with registered nurses who are available 24 hours, 7 days a week. For the latest information on COVID – 19 please visit the Department of Health COVID-19 and NSW Health COVID-19 websites.

General Practitioner (GP) at Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service

clock icon Full Time
pin icon Wollongong

Full-Time position

The Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service is seeking an experienced General Practitioner to join their diverse team of professionals delivering quality health care to the local Indigenous community.

About the Service 

Located in Wollongong, the Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service is a dynamic Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service delivering culturally appropriate patient-centred care to the local Aboriginal Community.

About the Position

  • Work alongside experienced GPs, RNs and Aboriginal Health Workers.
  • Onsite Dental, Specialist and Allied Health services.
  • Full-time, Monday to Friday – 38 hours per week.
  • Attractive remuneration with incentive package.
  • Salary packaging.
  • Relocation support.

Essential Criteria 

  • Full registration with AHPRA.
  • Ability to provide culturally appropriate care with knowledge of the health issues faced by the local Indigenous community.

Desirable Criteria 


For information regarding this opportunity, please call Dr Vlad Matic, Director of Medical Services on (02) 4229 9495.

To apply for this position, please submit a Cover letter and Resume to hr@illawarraams.com.au.

Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 1 February 2021. 

The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Criminal Check and a Working With Children Check.

Apply Now