Fundraising and Community Engagement Officer
To raise the profile of Namatjira Haven and raise funds for recurrent operational expenditure for the existing men’s program, and capital funds for expansion into services for Aboriginal women and women with Aboriginal children affected by drug and alcohol misuse and related harms.
In achieving this, the Fundraising and Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for:
• Securing individual gifts, philanthropic and government funding and corporate sponsorships that advance the objectives of our organisation
• Organising events geared towards fundraising and service promotion
• Managing the website, particularly web site functionality related to fundraising, events management and client and community engagement
• Managing the organisation’s social media presence
• Preparing reports and briefings for the Manager and Board of Directors, and attending Board meetings when required.
• Contributing towards the efficient operation of the centre, including participating in quality improvement, standards accreditation, and strategic and business planning
• Contributing to team productivity and well-being and participating in personal development, training and supervision
• Complying with legislation including: WHS, Anti-Discrimination, Privacy, Mandatory Reporting and Ethical Practice
Key Relationships – Board of Directors, Manager, Senior Staff, Local Communities and Community Organisations, Funders, Donors and Philanthropists.