Director, Business Services and Governance – Narooma (Eurobodalla region)
- Regional Health and Community Services Provider – relocation expenses
- Serve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities in South Coast NSW
- Identified position in strategy, governance and leadership
Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services is a NFP organisation providing culturally attuned, integrated health and community services on the Far South Coast of NSW. Their vision is “for Aboriginal people to live healthy lives enriched by a strong living culture, dignity and justice and for Katungul’s work to be recognised as a driving force in achieving this.
This newly created role reports to the CEO and is responsible for providing leadership and direction to internal and externally focused business units and programs:
- People & Culture
- Aged Care
- Children and Family Services
The role has 4 direct reports and is responsible for:
- Ensuring each business unit has a business plan that drives its future direction and aligns to the organisation’s strategic goal and budget.
- Ensuring each business unit is compliant with its relevant legal/statutory/policy/funding/registration or accreditation obligations.
- Leadership, resourcing and performance of the business unit and its staff.
- Growth and expansion of the various programs.
- Operational excellence and continuous improvement of the business unit and is programs
The role is also responsible for company wide Governance and Board comm’s (board and committee meetings, agendas and minutes and papers) and be appointed as Corporation Secretary, and if qualified, perform legal duties as Corporation legal practitioner.
Compliance and reporting to the Office of the Regulator of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC) and other statutory obligations
The Director of Business Services & Governance also acts as the site manager for the Narooma office, where the role is based. Katungul’s additional offices and clinics are in Bega and Batemans Bay and travel throughout the region will be required.
- Aboriginality is an essential requirement of this role.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications ie Legal, General Management etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in contemporary organisational management practices including; organisational change, policy development, strategic planning, employee relations and organisational development.
- Knowledge, experience and/or exposure to Aboriginal community-controlled organisations and health and community services organisations in the NFP sector.
- Commitment to culturally appropriate organisational culture and service provision.
The successful candidate must pass a national criminal history check and be able to obtain a WWCC and NDISWC. A current driver’s license is also essential.
If the position description is not available via this job advertisement, please visit our job board at http://jobs.bloomhr.com.au/job-details/query/director-business-services-and-governance/in/australia/8364421/ for full details.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Natalie Carrington at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Ref No. 994514.