Dentist at Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services
Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services is seeking applications for the role of Dentist to perform preventative and restorative oral procedures to ensure the highest standards of dental health and dental care for Aboriginal clients.
This role includes the provision of culturally appropriate clinical dental care, oversight of laboratory conditions and requirements, community health promotion and health education activities to improve oral health status.
- Full registration with AHPRA, and at least two years postgraduate experience as a Dentist.
- Proven advanced clinical skills and clinical reasoning abilities in managing most of the difficult clinical situations and complex presentations seen in Dental services.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, act as a supervisor to staff and students and assume responsibility for providing clinical supervision, advice, and support to the Dental team.
- Demonstrated capacity for undertaking responsibility for components of clinical governance and peer review, and the provision of in-service clinical development education programs for staff and students.
- Excellent culturally appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collect data and write reports, and willingness to comply with reporting requirements of the organisation.
- Willingness to provide regular dental services across the Katungul service footprint.
- Current Class C unrestricted NSW Driver Licence
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Previous work experience in a community setting, within an Aboriginal organisation or working with Aboriginal communities
- A demonstrated understanding of the issues and barriers that impact upon the health outcomes of Aboriginal people
- Willingness to perform some overnight and long-distance work across southern NSW
NOTE: All appointees to positions at Katungul ACRH&CS are required to obtain a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (Police Check) and where applicable, a Working with Children Check. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
REMUNERATION: An appropriate remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Employees of Katungul may access generous salary packaging as a Public Benevolent Institution and as living & working in a regional and remote area.
FURTHER DETAILS: For further information or to obtain a copy of the full Position Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Applications who do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Please submit your application with:
- a cover letter
- your responses to the Selection Criteria
- an up-to-date Resume.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm Monday 17 May 2021.
Email your application to email@example.com
Applications close on 17/05/2021.Apply Now