Administration Officer (Aboriginal identified role)
Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council (AH&MRC) is dedicated to assisting Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) across the four regions (Metropolitan, Northern, Southern and Western) of NSW to ensure they have access to an adequately resourced and skilled workforce enabling the ACCHSs to provide their local Aboriginal communities with holistic and culturally appropriate primary health care and Aboriginal health-related services.
Join our team of dynamic and innovative people who value and proudly play a meaningful role in Closing the Gap in Indigenous Health by delivering quality support and training to Aboriginal people and communities of NSW.
About the Role:
This role is situated within our Metropolitan Region (Sydney) of NSW.
The successful candidate will work remotely, however is required to travel on a regular basis as required.
AH&MRC is seeking an Administration Officer, who will be directly reporting to the Regional Health Education Coordinator and will be responsible for providing customer service and administrative support to the Our Healthy Kids Program staff, children and their families within the Metropolitan Region of NSW.
- Communicate with key internal and external stakeholders throughout the duration of the Program.
- Provide a high standard of customer service to all internal and external stakeholders in the areas of record management, filing and administration.
- Maintenance of files, spreadsheets, client documentation and databases to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Liaise with parents/caregivers, children, school representatives and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS’s) throughout the Program.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration, Business, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience and skills in a business support, administration or reception environment.
- Confirmation of Aboriginality (Essential).
- Ability to gather, review and report on feedback and Program KPIs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise tact, initiative and sound judgement.
- Ability to travel state-wide to local schools and Aboriginal Medical Services.
- Ability to hold a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to liaise, consult and negotiate with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to demonstrate empathy when required.
- Ability to work flexibly within tight time schedules and in accordance with variable workload demands.
- Current valid Driver’s Licence.
- Experience working with relevant agencies, non-government organisations, community groups and medical professionals at all levels.
- Previous experience working within a Health environment.
- Experience working within a Not-For-Profit Organisation.
- Experience working within an Aboriginal Organisation.
What AH&MRC can offer you:
Salary Packaging options are available as a Not-For-Profit Organisation, as well as Meals & Entertainment and Leisure & lifestyle Cards.
Remuneration: The successful candidate will receive an annual remuneration of $60,000 gross per annum, plus Superannuation.
Paid Study Leave: Employees are entitled to Paid Study Leave for approved courses relevant to their role.
If this interests you,
Please apply via seek with a current resume and a cover letter addressing the Qualifications, Experience and Requirements. Only Seek applications will be considered.
Would you like more information?
For more information contact the HR Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Position advertisement will remain available on Seek until the position is filled and we reserve the right to commence the recruitment process during the advertisement period.
This is a designated Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander position under section 14D of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Proof or Confirmation of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander heritage will be required from the successful applicant.