Aboriginal Sector Support Officer at AH&MRC
Aboriginal Sector Support Officer
Are you passionate about working with Aboriginal communities? Do you want to help make a difference in Aboriginal health and keep our culture alive? We are looking for a Sector Support Officer to join our team in our office in Little Bay, NSW, 2036.
AH&MRC is the largest peak body for the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) sector in Australia. We work across NSW to ensure Aboriginal communities receive high quality comprehensive primary health care services, from an adequately resourced and skilled workforce. AH&MRC works in collaboration with other Aboriginal health and non-Aboriginal health partners to systematically address the social determinants of health and wellbeing.
About the Role
Reporting to the Sector Support Manager this role will see you working as part of a multidisciplinary team to design and deliver projects to support and strengthen member services and promote and protect the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people in NSW.
Informed by member service consultation and focusing on the Public Health needs of Aboriginal communities across NSW, you will facilitate initiatives in alignment with industry best practices to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequities experienced by Aboriginal communities. Whilst you will be based in Sydney, you will be required to travel to member sites as needed, across the state
You will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a broader team to plan, implement and evaluate key projects.
- Engaging and supporting stakeholders to facilitate improvements in the communities in which AH&MRC operates.
- Monitoring, reporting and analysing on the progress of project deliverables, including KPIs.
- Providing high quality advice, reports and correspondence to relevant stakeholders.
- Identifying relevant gaps within the sector for improvements in health promotion.
We are looking for a proactive individual with the ability to lead and motivate staff members to meet competing priorities and attain goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply;
- Recent experience in project delivery (preferably within the Health Sector).
- Relevant Tertiary Level Qualification or experience in a primary healthcare setting.
- Experience in community engagement (preferably health and or education).
- Strong understanding of the primary health care sector including urban, rural and remote services, Aboriginal health and cross-cultural health service delivery.
- Competitive remuneration package; including Salary Packaging
- Generous study opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Positive and supportive work environment.
- Support for job development opportunities.
Please apply for this role by submitting your CV and cover letter through Seek. If you have any questions or would like further information on this role, please contact our HR team at email@example.com. Applications close 3rd December 2020.
No Recruitment Agencies please.
Applications close on 03/12/2020.Apply Now