Aboriginal Family Preservation Caseworker at Yerin
About the Role
Yerin Eleanor Duncan is seeking an experienced Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Caseworker to work with families on Darkinjung Country who are experiencing multiple vulnerabilities and whose children are at risk of entering out of home care. The successful candidate will provide effective, flexible, high quality child and family focused culturally responsive interventions and support to children, young people and their families.
About the Successful Candidate
You will be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person who has experience using trauma informed frameworks to prevent children and young people from entering out of home care. You will have a broad understanding of child development and child milestones as well as issues affecting vulnerable and disadvantaged families. You will have an interest in assisting others to enhance parenting capacity. The successful candidate will have experience in case management including conducting assessments, case notes, action plans and referrals. The Aboriginal Family Preservation Caseworker must have sound proficiency in computer literacy including word processing, data collection and maintenance of client records.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Community Services or equivalent OR 2 years’ experience in child protection casework or case management
- Current NSW driver’s license
- Current and valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Satisfactory Police check
- Experience using NCFAS Assessment Tool and Homebuilders Model
Benefits of Working with Us
- Receive an attractive salary with salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Receive an additional 3-day leave, between Christmas and New Year period annually
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- An exceptionally friendly work environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers
- Access to monthly cultural supervision
This is an identified Position under Section 9A of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
Please apply by completing the form below. Applications will not be considered if the Selection Criteria is not addressed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to obtain the position description.
Applications close on 29/07/2021.Apply Now