Aboriginal Bushfire Recovery Officer
- 3 positions available (Batemans Bay, Narooma, Wallaga Lake)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identified position.
- Full Time; 14 months Fixed Term.
- Generous salary packaging available.
Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services is seeking to appoint 3 x ABORIGINAL BUSHFIRE RECOVERY OFFICERS to work out of Batemans Bay, Narooma, and Wallaga Lake.
These are Full Time 14 month Fixed Term positions. The pay rate is dependent on your experience and qualifications as set out in the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award.
As trusted community members, the Aboriginal Bushfire Recovery Officers play a critical role across the community through their bonds and specialised understanding of issues and supports to reach out to community members in need of assistance.
Using a collaborative approach, the Bushfire Recovery Officer will work in a culturally attuned manner to implement a range of relevant resources and materials that assist in improving the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal people and their families affected by the 2019-2020 Australian bushfire season.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific Responsibilities of the Role
- Connection activities including:
- Develop relationships and trust to help individuals experiencing difficulties.
- Develop and deliver programs that support wellbeing.
- Work directly with individuals/families to identify needs and facilitate supports.
- Link and/or refer individuals/families to community supports.
- Collaboration activities including:
- Work with a broad range of services in the recovery planning.
- Work with other services to get the best results for everyone.
- Provide crisis/trauma support and service navigation.
- Case management activities including:
- Respond to referrals from individuals, internal and external agencies.
- Conduct assessments to identify needs.
- Facilitate direct support and/or refer individuals to services that can provide additional supports.
- Complete administrative tasks including reporting and data collection.
- Maintain client files including assessments, client plans and reviews within timeframes provided by the Manager.
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. *
- Experience working with external health service providers and other community-based services and organisations.
- Experience and good working knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Word), existing data bases, Outlook, and the internet
- Experience working in an Aboriginal community/health/disability service.
- Capacity to provide one-on-one support to clients.
- Excellent culturally appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collect data and write reports and client notes.
- Understanding of child protection requirements relating to community organisations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues and barriers that impact upon the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Tertiary qualification in community services, health or another relevant professional field (preferred but not essential).
- Current NSW Driver Licence.
*Katungul considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
NOTE: All non NDIS appointees to positions at Katungul ACRH&CS are required to obtain a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (Police Check) and a Working with Children Check. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
NOTE: All NDIS appointees to positions at Katungul ACRH&CS are required to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working With Children Check. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Contact Person: Angela Nye (Director Community Services) on 0400 595 157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please submit your application with:
- a cover letter followed by an up-to-date resume
- your responses to the Selection Criteria
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm Friday 30 July 2021.
Email your application to email@example.com
Applications close on 30/07/2021.Apply Now