Sexual and Reproductive Health Webinars
The AH&MRC are working in partnership with the Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis & Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM) to deliver Sexual and Reproductive health webinars for our Aboriginal workforce.
This interactive online workshop provides Aboriginal Health Workers, Practitioners and nurses with an overview of sexual and reproductive health, including sexual history taking, STI screening and testing, and current contraceptive options.
The webinar will run for 90 minutes online via zoom and is free of charge. It is also CPD accredited and is endorsed by the Australian College of Nursing and the Australian National Association for Aboriginal Health Workers and Practitioners. It will be presented by a clinician and will be reviewed by the AH&MRC and external bodies to make sure it is culturally appropriate.
The webinar is designed for Aboriginal Health Workers and Practitioners who are eager to learn more about sexual and reproductive health and assisting clients within this area.
There will be an online webinar which will all take place via Zoom.
- Metropolitan Region: 30th of June, 2021 (10:00am – 11:30am) Register here
- Describe skills required for effective sexual history taking in your practice setting
- Explain the importance of screening/testing and contact tracing for STIs
- Discuss accurate information on current contraceptive options
- Dr Caroline Harvey – Co-Director (Iris Education), Senior GP in Sexual and Reproductive Health (Institute of Urban Indigenous Health)
- Naomi Hoffman – Sexual Health Clinical Nurse Consultant (Illawarra Shoalhaven Sexual Health Service)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Kezia Blackledge, Public Health & Intelligence Officer, via email: email@example.com OR mobile: 0466263389.
If you have any technical issues on the day please feel free to contact Kezia Blackledge (contact details above).