Palliative Care Forum
The AH&MRC is holding a Palliative Care Forum for Aboriginal Health Care Workers who would like to upskill in delivering holistic palliative care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
What is palliative care?
Palliative care aims to optimise the quality of life for a person who is living with a life-limiting illness. Palliative care identifies and treats symptoms which may be physical, emotional, spiritual or social.
What topics will be discussed?
- What is a palliative approach to care?
- When to call the specialist palliative care team, referral pathways, available services
- Common symptoms and management
- How to manage breakthrough symptoms safely using subcutaneous medicines
- End of life care & communication
- How do we know when someone is passing?
- Grief, loss, bereavement
- Professional self-care
Please be advised that the AH&MRC will be taking photographs and filming at the event. If you would not like to be photographed / filmed please opt out by emailing Marina Wise firstname.lastname@example.org