Mental Health First Aid Training – Instructor Training
Our Aboriginal communities are experiencing extenuating mental health problems. Mental health issues can affect anyone and is now a common phenomenon. To support our communities AH&MRC is offering the opportunity for a staff member who has previously completed their Mental Health First Aid certificate to undertake Instructor training. This will assist community members to obtain mental health first aid knowledge, skills, and confidence to support a friend, family member or co-worker experiencing a mental health problem, including how to approach someone and start a safe conversation. The event will be facilitated by a certified Aboriginal Mental Health First Aid Trainer.
The training will cover:
- Social & emotional wellbeing & mental health problems in the community.
- Definitions of mental health problems, mental illness & mental health first aid.
- Prevalence, signs and symptoms, crisis situation, ALGEE Action Plan and treatment and supports for, Depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance abuse.
Webinar locations, dates and times are as follows:
- AH&MRC Little Bay Campus – 19 – 23rd June- 9am – 5pm
- Dubbo (location TBC) – 7-11 June – 9am – 5pm