Capacity Building training program specifically for our member services
AH&MRC Policy and Non-Profit Training (NPT) have developed a Capacity Building training program specifically for our member services. The training program has been developed to build the capacity of staff at member services to ensure they have the skills required to advocate and manage their services. We ran similar training programs during 2022 and would like to offer a second round this year to support the development of staff at our member services. We received positive feedback from our member services last year, indicating that similar training programs would be beneficial in building capacity for staff at member services.
The training program will include workshops on topics including:
- Tender writing
- Project evaluation
NPT is a business supported with education and training professionals who have been managing and providing training services for Australian non-profit organisations for over 25 years. NPT has extensive experience in delivering training in the not-for-profit sector to peak bodies, ACCHSs, organisations, associations, and community groups across Australia.
Workshops will be capped at 25 students per class and will run at various times across 2022 and 2023. A doddle poll will be circulated so that you can nominate what days and times work for your service. Workshops will be run virtually to ensure everyone can attend the workshops, relevant zoom links will be circulated. We are seeking EOI’s for your staff to attend these training workshops. Please note that this is capped at one person per service. Ideally, this should be someone who does the policy or program related work so that they can build capacity within their service.
The workshops will include;
Tender Writing Training
- Each year, federal, state and local governments as well as businesses and charities invite not-for-profit and for-profit organisations to submit competitive bids for the supply of goods and services.
- This workshop will provide participants with the tools to effectively plan the tender response to reduce the fatigue of tender writing and improve performance and success rate
- Advocacy focuses on addressing specific needs and issues within our complex world.
- This workshop will provide participants with an understanding of how to put themselves in the shoes of others so they can effectively influence change.
- The participants will be engaged in discussions, planning and scenario activities to bring the role of the changemaker to life.
- Projects are developed because there is a realisation that something needs to change or improve.
- This workshop will provide participants with ideas on how to think critically about the need for change and the evidence that exists to support change.
We understand that with 47 member services, we will not be able to cover everyone within the class caps. It is out intent to run this initial program as a pilot. We are looking to run the program again, if successful, for the services that miss out. We may also expand the program in future to include other courses.
If you would like to be included in the training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org