Reporting to the Practice Manager, the position is responsible for specialist community and primary health nursing services that focuses on the prevention, early detection and management of health problems for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team ensure effective screening, service delivery and administration practices are delivered in accordance with our patient centred Model of Care. The role entails service delivery from designated primary clinic locations and outreach services, under limited supervision, as required.
- Provision of efficient and effective primary health care services to all age groups within Aboriginal communities
- Perform a range of clinic duties, including triaging of patients, wound care and sterilization
- Provide education to patients related to their health care needs
- Facilitate the transfer of Health Assessment and Care Planning skills to Aboriginal Health Workers working with Aboriginal Communities in the Clarence and Richmond Valleys
- Work with our clinical team to determine their support needs with respect to delivering a high level of health care and how the organisation and staff, can best deliver these services.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal peopleDemonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience
- Demonstrated Clinical Assessment Skills to support General Practitioners
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, and also to work independently
- Knowledge of Health Assessments, Care Planning (EPC) and Medicare guidelines
- Current NSW Nurses Registration
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven experience working in a high workload and pressure area and ability to act as an effective member of a team in a high volume work environment
- Current open C Class License
About the organisation
Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation (BNMAC) is a not-for-profit Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation, providing primary health care services to Aboriginal people throughout the Clarence and Richmond Valleys through its’ network of clinics in Grafton, Casino and Maclean.Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation (BNMAC) is a not-for-profit Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation, providing primary health care services to Aboriginal people throughout the Clarence and Richmond Valleys through its’ network of clinics in Grafton, Casino and Maclean.
BNMAC’s principal purpose is to provide the highest possible standard of care to our clients. We are committed to promoting health, wellbeing and disease prevention, involving a holistic approach to diagnosis, and the management of illness.