The Senior Project Officer position will assist the Government Policy and Partnership unit in the management, coordination and contribution to a range of small projects. This role will be required to assist with the development and implementation of project plans, policies and solutions, monitoring and tracking the project deliverables and outcomes including preparation of preliminary reports in relation to budget and resources.
- Demonstrated experience at a Senior Project Officer level.
- Excellent written skills for the preparation and review of reports, correspondence and written briefings.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, ability to manage a number of projects concurrently with varying deadlines and workloads in a high pressure, high volume work environment, and capacity to deliver high quality products within agreed timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating working groups, committees and consultations to facilitate exchange of information and support project completion in line with project plans.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, planning, development, implementation and evaluation and the ability to lead the redesign of AH&MRC service delivery
- An understanding of the Aboriginal Health policy, public affairs and regulatory environment impacting on the Aboriginal Community Control Health Sector.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior project officer role.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of high level reports, briefing papers and other relevant document papers to support project activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain a good relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a team environment including demonstrating drive, influence and perseverance.