We are seeking to appoint a Policy Management Systems officer to provide professional information, support, assessment and referral services to the AH&MRC Members Services. Influencing mainstream health care providers in delivering more informed and culturally safer care to Aboriginal people and provide support to Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services and mainstream health systems to Close The Gap.
To be successful for an interview you must have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Health or a related discipline and/or extensive relevant experience working in health
- An understanding of the Aboriginal Health policy, public affairs and regulatory environment impacting on the Aboriginal Community Control Health Sector
- Excellent verbal communications with ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people, government stakeholder regardless of seniority, including ability to convey complex information in an acceptable way
- Experience in the design, preparation and delivery of facilitated workshops, forum and community group meetings, applying a range of tools and techniques
- High level organisational skills including an ability to meet deadlines
- Current Class C driver’s licence
- Experience working with Indigenous Organisations
- Experience in Not-For-Profit organisations in particular NGO’s
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Experience in an NDIS related role (preferred not essential)
- Liaise with My Aged Care, NDIS to ensure that information received regarding Member Service needs is adequate and correct.
- Provide strategic assessment and planning to support performance in the Health Sector.
- Provide advice to state and federal governments on mainstream health reforms through committee and forum representation, along side others on the policy team
- Support the development of partnerships and activities with other NSW Aboriginal peak organisations.
- Provide high quality and timely advice to Government and key policy and program stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other units on NDIS initiatives or programs.
- Engage with Local Area Coordinators to support the NDIS application and planning processes.
- Build capacity in the service delivery system by strengthening existing and establishing new partnerships between AHMRC and other member’s services.
- Support the development and implementation of an NDIS community of Practice within the region